course has reopened - rules for play
Our course reopened on Wednesday 13th May. In order to minimise the risks to golfers, which are already extremely low, the following procedure and rules have been agreed by the Board of Directors. They are based on guidelines set out by the government and golf authorities.
- Play as singles, twoballs, threeballs and fourballs is permitted (From Saturday 27th June).
- All players must book a tee time before play, nobody should come to play golf without having a pre-booked time.
- Bookings should be made via the club website, though there is a telephone booking option (see notes below).
- You can make one booking per day, all bookings are from the first tee but you may decide to play just nine holes.
- When booking, the names of all players will be required.
- Tee bookings can be made up to seven days in advance, with booking for the seventh day opening at 7:30pm
- Visitors can book up to three days in advance
- Tee times can be booked no closer than 12 hours apart.
- Tee times are available weekdays from 7:30am, weekends from 6:30am to approx 90 minutes before sunset
- Tuesday is Club Day and we are now gradually re-introducing competitions.
- There should be no exchanging of scorecards.
- All putts of 12" or shorter should be treated as "gimmes" under a local rule. (Other than for supplementaries and when competing in competitions).
- The changing rooms will be open, purely for using the toilets.
- The clubhouse is now open, with appropriate social distancing measures in place.
- Rakes and ball scoops have been removed. Please rake bunkers with a golf club or your foot.
- Please don't use benches and don't touch flagpoles.
- The Pro-shop will be open from 7:30am to 6:00pm. Please respect social distancing.
- The driving range will be open from 8:30am to 6:00pm, but you must book a time by calling the Pro-shop.
- The chipping practice area, bunker and net are now open, please observe social distancing.
- If you wish to play on your own or as a twoball or threeball, use the "Guest" option to fill the remaining spaces with either "SINGLE PLAYER" or "TWOBALL ONLY" or "THREEBALL ONLY".
- Booking online is preferred but you can do so via telephone. Please call the Pro-shop to book. 01278 672100 (opt 3).
- Once a tee time is booked you will not be able to book another tee time within 12 hours. This effectively limits everyone to one tee booking per day as the bookable times only span 12 hours.
- If you are unable to play at a booked time please cancel your booking as soon as you're able to.
- Pace of play is very important. We wish to avoid groups forming, and whilst there's no need to rush, do be mindful that you should complete your round within a reasonable time.
Rules for Junior Golfers
- A junior member can play as a twoball with an adult playing member.
- Alternatively two juniors can play together if supervised by an adult, or unsupervised with the approval of the Professional or Club Office.
- It goes without saying, but if you are showing any Covid-19 symptoms, please do not come to the club
- Anyone coming into contact with Covid-19 must notify the club immediately.
- There are no longer any starters but you must report to thePro-shop before play commences.
- Do not tee off before your booked time.
- Players should remain at least two metres apart at all times.
- Please change your shoes in the car park.
- Do not pick up balls that you find. We recommend that you mark your ball very clearly.
- The practice green will be open, but only for the group next to play.