course has reopened - rules for play
Our course reopened on Wednesday 13th May. In order to minimise the risks to golfers, which are already extremely low, the following procedure and rules have been agreed by the Board of Directors. They are based on guidelines set out by the government and golf authorities.
- Play as singles, twoballs and threeballs is permitted. See the first additional note below for important information.
- All players must book a tee time before play, nobody should come to play golf without having a pre-booked time.
- Bookings should be made via the club website, though there is a telephone booking option (see notes below).
- You can make one booking per day, for nine holes (up to and including 5:20pm) or for 18 holes (from 5:30pm).
- We have configured two nine hole courses, you can choose the front or back nine when booking.
- When booking, the names of all players will be required. (See first additional note below)
- Tee bookings can be made up to three days in advance, with booking for the third day opening at 7:30pm
- Tee times can be booked no closer than 12 hours apart. See the additional notes.
- Tee times are available from 8:00am to 6:50pm all day.
- No visitors or members' guests are currently allowed to play.
- Social golf only. There will be no official club competitions, though "Club Day" will take place on Tuesdays.
- There should be no exchanging of scorecards.
- All putts of 12" or shorter should be treaed as "gimmes" under a local rule.
- All society bookings have been cancelled or postponed to maximise member access
- The changing rooms will be open, purely for using the toilets.
- Rakes and ball scoops have been removed. Please rake bunkers with a golf club or your foot.
- Please don't use benches and don't touch flagpoles.
- The Pro-shop will be open from 8:00am to 6:00pm. Please respect social distancing.
- The driving range will be open from 8:30am to 6:00pm, but you must book a time by calling the Pro-shop.
- The chipping practice are, bunker and net are not to be used.
- The above is subject to change as the situation and course usage becomes established.
- IMPORTANT - If you wish to play on your own or as a twoball, use the "Guest" option to fill the remaining spaces with either "SINGLE PLAYER" or "TWOBALL ONLY"
- Booking online is preferred but you can do so via telephone. Please call the Pro-shop to book. 01278 672100 (opt 3).
- Once a tee time is booked you will not be able to book another tee time within 12 hours. This effectively limits everyone to one tee booking per day as the bookable times only span 11 hours.
- If you are unable to play at a booked time please cancel your booking as soon as you're able to.
- Pace of play is very important. We wish to avoid groups forming, and whilst there's no need to rush, do be mindful that you should complete your round within a reasonable time. As mentioned above, you should not overtake another group.
- When nine holes have been completed, players may request permission from the Pro-shop to play another nine holes. This will be subject to availabilty and if agree, names must be added to the tee sheet.
Rules for Junior Golfers
- A junior member can play as a twoball with an adult playing member.
- Alternatively two juniors can play together if supervised by an adult. All must be from the same household but the adult does not need to be a member. The adult should however report to the starter with the two juniors.
- It goes without saying, but if you are showing any Covid-19 symptoms, please do not come to the club
- Anyone coming into contact with Covid-19 must notify the club immediately.
- There will be a starter operating just outside the Pro-shop covering the first and tenth tees. Please report to the starter before play commences.
- Do not tee off before your booked time.
- Marshalls will operate around the course. Please comply with any requests or instructions they give. They are there for your safety and to allow golf to take place.
- Players must remain in their vehicles until 20 minutes (or less) before their tee time.
- Players should remain at least two metres apart at all times.
- Please change your shoes in the car park.
- Do not pick up balls that you find. We recommend that you mark your ball very clearly.
- The practice green will be open, but only for the group next to play.
- Please leave the club when you have finished your game, though you may visit the Pro-shop before leaving.
- There is more demand for golf in the mornings that in the afternoons and evenings. If you are happy to play later in the day please do so, it will help spread the demand.
- Please do not book 18 holes more than three times per week as these tee times might be in high demand.