frequently asked questions
The Coronavirus crisis has prompted a number of questions from members, some of which have been asked on more than one occasion, and they are presented below. Should you have a question that isn't covered here please call or email the office.
Q - When can we put in supplementary cards?
A - The EGU and CONGU have confirmed that cards can now be accepted for handicap and supplementary purposes. So, with immediate effect, qualifying scorecards can be accepted. Key points to remember:
- Bunkers are still preferred lie under a local rule
- You must still adhere to ‘Play Safe, Stay Safe’.
- All putts must be holed out
- Stakes/posts remain immovable
- Flagsticks to remain in the hole
- No need for counter signature, verbal agreement only at the end of every hole. You must still write your playing partner's name on the card.
- Once completed, photograph your scorecard and email to Ben Filler (Men’s cards) or Judith Sperring (Ladies' cards). Then please recycle your card at home
- If playing a supplementary you must still inform the Pro-shop before you play, and they will sign in for you.
Q - Why can’t we start earlier?
A - The need for tee times and controls that provide accurate details of everyone on the course for traceability have led to restrictions in the hours of play. Now those, necessary, procedure are in place and working well we are now looking at ways we can extend the playing day.
Q - Can I use the driving range?
A - Yes. Baskets of balls are provided in shop at £2 for 40 balls. We will record everyone who uses the practice area for the track and trace purposes. At present the driving net, chipping areas and under cover canopy are not in use. Strictly long shots only and no collecting balls off the range.
Q - Are teetimes here to stay? and Q - When are we going back to not having teetimes?
A - For as long as it is a requirement for tee times, they will be a part of golf at Enmore. How long this is going to be is not known. Once the requirement for tee times is lifted then the club will see what other clubs are doing, consider all options and most importantly let the members have the say on what we do.
Q - Are coaching sessions back on?
A - Yes. Individual are now available and can be booked by calling the shop on 01278 672100 opt 3 or, by email or popping in to see us. Group coaching is returning very soon with groups of 5 people only being permitted.